About Marketing Management
We are all consumers who make decisions in the marketplace. Students who are interested in becoming marketing professionals must develop an understanding of consumer needs, wants, and perceptions as well as how consumers make decisions. They must also understand the competitive nature and landscape of the market.
Grove City College’s Marketing Management major combines consumer behavior theory with applied marketing strategy. In addition to studying current trends, tools and techniques, Marketing Management students will learn how to build a firm theoretical framework that will guide them as future marketing professionals. They will also explore what it means to be an ethical marketer and how to view the marketplace from a Christian perspective.
Common career paths for Marketing Management majors include working in marketing research, advertising, public relations, buying, retail management and sales.
What can I do with a Marketing Major?
Grove City College's
Career Services Office
has compiled some possible careers for marketing majors:
Skills GCC Marketing Management Majors Acquire
- Conceptualization of marketing management and consumer behavior
- Ability to develop segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Understanding of the marketing mix and how its tools are best
- Written and oral communication (via both papers and
- Team-building and collaboration (via group projects and
- Ability to assess current marketing efforts in terms of
likelihood of success
- Ability to evaluate marketing efforts from a Christian