Graduate school can be a great option to pursue after completing an undergraduate degree at Grove City College. A graduate degree can create more career opportunities, allow you to become more specialized in a particular area of study, and increase earning potential. Many students majoring in English at GCC go on to graduate school after completing their undergraduate degree. In recent years, these graduate programs include: University of California/Berkeley, Univ. of Virginia, SUNY/Buffalo, Boston University, Case-Western Reserve, Univ. of California/Davis, Penn State, Oxford Univ., Univ. of Chicago, Univ. of Georgia, Univ. of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, Kent State, Duquesne Univ., Univ. of North Carolina/Chapel Hill, Univ. of Wisconsin/Madison, Univ. of Michigan, Univ. of Texas/Austin, Carnegie Mellon Univ.. Click on the links below to view more information about attending graduate school:
- English Department Timeline: Preparing for Graduate School
- Helpful Links
- US News Top 25 English Language and Literature Graduate Programs
Here are some helpful links to information about finding, applying and attending graduate school.
- GradSchools.com is a good place to start if you are looking for what colleges and universities offer graduate studies in English.
- Peterson's Guide to Graduate School has information about Admission Exams, Writing a Personal Statement, Financial Aid, etc.
- Recommendation Letters are necessary for most graduate school applications. This site discusses the basics of who to ask and what a recommendation letter should include.
- US News Graduate School Entrance Exams provided information about entrance examinations for graduate school.
US News and World Report Graduate School Rankings 2002 provides a ranking of the top 25 English graduate school programs in the United States. Click on any of the links below to view the schools graduate program web site.
- Harvard University (MA)
- Stanford University (CA)
- University of California--Berkeley
- Yale University (CT)
- University of Chicago
- Cornell University (NY)
- Princeton University (NJ)
- Columbia University (NY)
- Johns Hopkins University (MD)
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of California--Los Angeles
- University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
- University of Virginia
- Brown University (RI)
- Duke University (NC)
- University of California--Irvine
- University of Wisconsin--Madison
- Northwestern University (IL)
- Rutgers State University--New Brunswick (NJ)
- University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign
- University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill
- University of Texas--Austin
- Indiana University--Bloomington
- University of Washington
- New York University