Harvey Miller

A 1940 Grove City College graduate, Harvey Miller played three sports at Grove City from 1937-40. Miller joined the Collegeís menís soccer program during its inaugural season of 1938. As a senior in 1939, he lettered while helping Grove City post a 2-2 record under head coach Bob Thorn.
 
During his career as a student-athlete, Harvey also competed on the swim team during its early years. He also played tennis under Thorn.
 
Following graduation, Miller enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh, where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree. He then began a long and successful law career, which continues today, more than 60 years after graduating law school.
 
Miller became a Trustee of the College in 1963, succeeding his father who had served as a Trustee since the beginning of the century.
Harvey's son Ron also currently serves on the Grove City College Board of Trustees, thus making three generations of Millers on the Board of Trustees and culminating in over a century of Trustee service to the College by the Miller family.
 
As a Trustee, he played a pivotal role in the development and enhancement of the schoolís athletic facilities. The College erected the Physical Learning Center in 1953 and opened its baseball field later that decade. In the 1980s, Grove City opened its softball field,
renovated Thorn Field and built the Competitive Pool in the PLC.
 
He also helped facilitate the planning and construction of the Pew Fine Arts Center and the Weir Ketler Technological Learning Center
 
He currently serves the College as Trustee Emeritus.