- MEN'S SPORTS
- WOMEN'S SPORTS
- INSIDE ATHLETICS
- APPLY NOW
PHYSICAL LEARNING CENTER (PLC)
Since its completion in 1953, the Physical Learning Center (PLC) has
served as the heart of athletics and recreation on the campus of Grove City College.
The 168,000 square-foot facility is home of College Arena, the James E. Longnecker Competition Pool, Recreation Pool, a large intramural room with a suspended 1/13 mile track, the College's Fitness Center, an eight-lane bowling alley, six racquetball courts, two dance studios, ten general-use locker rooms, two officials' locker rooms and office space for faculty and staff of the Department of Physical Education and Athletics.
Additionally, the building has been adorned in recent years with numerous displays highlighting the many athletic and academic achievements of Wolverine student-athletes throughout the College's history, including the Grove City College Athletic Hall of Fame.
When inititally constructed, the PLC was approximately 95,000 square feet in size and housed the Arena, Recreation Pool, four racquetball courts, one intramural room, multiple locker-room facilities and office space for faculty and staff.
A major 63,180 square-foot addition to the facility in 1989 provided added space for Longnecker Pool, a second intramural room, four more racquetball courts, two dance studios, the College's bookstore and an 4,180 square foot weight and fitness room.
In 2006, the bookstore was moved out of the PLC, allowing for an expansion of the fitness center that more than doubled it in size.